At a Glance
- In a sentence: Your team gets to re-live their childhood as they compete to build a variety of structures, including bridges, towers and even re-creations of world-famous landmarks during this fun and incredibly interactive program!
- Group Size: 10 to 500
- Team Size: 4 to 10 people
- Typical Duration: 2 Hours
- Setting: Indoor or Outdoor
- Activity Intensity: Low (seriously, we're talking Lego here!)
This is a fantastic teambuilding experience, giving everyone in your group the opportunity to explore the creative, artistic sides of their brains while also putting their engineering skills to the test – all while re-living some of their favorite childhood memories of playing with Lego!
At the start of this event each team is given a huge amount of Lego bricks of all shapes, sizes and colors. We then have each team compete in a few short exercises that last about ten minutes each. During this part of the event, we will have them competing to build the tallest self-standing tower or the widest bridge, etc. Teams will receive Coins depending on how successful they are with these short builds.
We will then give each team a photograph of an internationally famous statue, building or landmark. They must then design and build a smaller replica of the landmark using their Lego.
Teams will also use the coins that they earned in the previous challenges in order to “purchase” other building supplies (pipe cleaners, tape, cotton balls, Q-tips, etc.).
After about 45 minutes the teams will stop building.
A spokesperson from each team will tell the entire group a little bit about their world-famous landmarks, throwing in historical and made-up “facts” – and we will take photos of all of the structures.
The judges will determine the best creation(s), and prizes will be awarded.