At a Glance
- In a sentence: Teams earn points by performing Random Acts of Kindness for total strangers - and everything is captured on video! We show the videos at the end of the event, usually during a meal. This is a terrific CSR program that reminds us all how great it feels to give back to others!
- Group Size: 6 to 200
- Team Size: 6 to 10 people
- Typical Duration: 2 Hours + Wrap Up at a Restaurant
- Setting: Outdoor: In a City Center or around a Hotel
- Activity Intensity: Medium (you’ll run around a bit!)
We have all heard of the expression, “Random Acts of Kindness”. This event actually gives the participants a chance to turn the phrase into a reality, as teams compete to perform random acts of kindness for total strangers.
At the start of the event, teams will each receive their own video camera. They will also be given envelopes containing Random Acts of Kindness. Some of these might include getting a stranger to call his mother just to say he loves her, or feeding a parking meter for an unknown person’s car, or reading a story to a group of children. Each Act will be worth a certain number of points. In addition to these pre-designated acts, teams will receive bonus points for coming up with their own Random Acts of Kindness.
To receive credit, each team must document their tasks on the provided video cameras. After approximately two to three hours, the teams will return to a designated location with their video cameras for lunch or dinner. While everyone eats, the videos will be screened, the points will be tallied, and the winning team is announced.